Arguments in relationships are pretty common.
You could have certain disagreements with your significant other which could get heated.
In fact, all couples have arguments at one point in their relationship or the other, but what defines a healthy relationship is how well the couple handles such arguments. Thus arguments could make or break a relationship.
Different issues could bring up these arguments, even those not directly related to the apparent reason for the argument such as stress could set it off. These arguments could also signal a communication problem in the relationship.
Sometimes, especially when the argument is not approached carefully, it could escalate to the point where partners say or do hurtful things to each other.
Whether it’s because of one problem or another, when dealing with an argument with your partner, you should react with care and make an attempt to understand what your partner’s annoyance could be, as well as prevent the argument from getting heated.
These are wise quotes about dealing with arguments in relationships to inspire you.
1. “The extent to which two people in a relationship can bring up and resolve issues is a critical marker of the soundness of a relationship.” Henry Cloud
2. “A good marriage is good because one or both of them have learned to overlook the other’s faults, to love the other as they are and to not attempt to change them or bring them to repentance.” Debi Pearl
3. “We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.” Ellen Goodman
4. “Compromise, communicate, and never go to bed angry – the three pieces of advice gifted and regifted to all newlyweds.” Gillian Flynn
5. “Every relationship has its problems but what makes it perfect is when you still want to be there when everything goes wrong.” Ritu Ghatourey
6. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” Epicurus
7. “Every couple has ups and downs, every couple argues, and that’s the thing—you’re a couple, and couples can’t function without trust.” Nicholas Sparks(At First Sight)
8. “Behind every happy couple lies two people who have fought hard to overcome all obstacles and interferences to be that way. Why? Because it’s what they wanted.” Kim George
9. Every couple needs to argue now and then, just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive.”Nicholas sparks
10. “Great couples still get angry with each other, but they continue to discuss until there is a solution even if it takes several days.” Bob Grant
11. “Relationships include: fights, jealousy, arguments, and tears. But a real relationship fights through all of those with love.” Unknown
12. “The thing about loving someone, is that yelling at them only feels good while you’re doing it — as soon as they’re gone, all you want to do is take it all back.” Lauren Barnholdt(Getting Close)
13. “Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.” Hugh Mackay
14. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” Dave Meurer
15. “Hold no grudges and practice forgiveness. This is the key to having peace in all your relationships.” Dr. Wayne Dyer
16. “How can two people love each other, create children together, cohabitiate, build a life together, and then end up hating each other in the end.” Zane
17. Love is the remedy of all problems, misunderstandings become jokes, insults become humor, a perfect relationship.” Dielnov Muchati
18. “Somewhere between love and hate lies confusion, misunderstanding and desperate hope.” Shannon L. Alder
19. “There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other.” Dave Willis
20. “A strong relationship is choosing to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other.” Unknown
21. “A true gentleman is one that apologizes anyways, even though he has not offended a lady intentionally. He is in a class all of his own because he knows the value of a woman’s heart.” Shannon Alder
22. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness; a tender look which becomes a habit.” Peter Ustinov
23. “All relationships go through bad times, but real relationships get through bad times.” Anurag Prakash Ray
24. “Marriage is about compromise; it’s about doing something for the other person, even when you don’t want to.” Nicholas Sparks(The Wedding)
25. “Problems in relationships occur because each person is concentrating on what is missing in the other person.” Wayne Dyer
26. “In general, the problem in a relationship is when the couple stagnates.” Simon Baker
27. “I think for any relationship to be successful, there needs to be loving communication, appreciation, and understanding.” Miranda Kerr
28. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” Bryant H. McGill
29. “Assumptions are the termites of relationship.” Henry Winkler
30. “In some ways, we will always be different. In other ways, we will always be the same. There is always room to disagree and blame, just as there is always room to take a new perspective and empathize. Understanding is a choice.” Vironika Tugaleva
31. “A relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, you fix the light bulb.” Bernajoy Vaal
32. “A lovers’ quarrel is always about every quarrel you ever had.” Robert Brault
33. “Even when we do our very best to treat those close to us with utmost respect and understanding, conflict happens. That’s life. That’s human nature.” Sharon Salzberg
34. “There is no pain equal to that which two lovers can inflict on one another.” Cyril Connolly
35. “You can’t have a relationship without any fights but you can make your relationship worth the fight.” Unknown
36. “It takes one person to forgive, it takes two people to be reunited.” Lewis B. Smedes
37. “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” Ogden Nash
38. “Lets not forget it’s you and me vs. problem. Not you vs. Me.” Unknown
39. “ In love, everyone does things that hurt the other person, so there really is no “Right” and “Wrong”. You just have to decide what you’re willing to forgive” Yvonne Wood(Dead Beautiful)
40. “At the end of the day, you can either focus on what’s tearing you apart or what’s keeping you together.” Unknown