Whether it’s the relationship we have with our friends, at school or with our colleagues at work, our relationships are shaped by the way we build and how we maintain them.
What defines a healthy relationship is a relationship built on a foundation of several important values including respect, trust, as well as, reliability.
Sometimes, it is how we treat others with respect that distinguishes superficial relationships from deeper and more meaningful ones.
Building healthy relationships has its benefits, a good relationship with customers and coworkers, which also includes trust and reliability can help you become more successful at your job.
You find yourself achieving your goals when you build better personal and work relationships with others.
Therefore, the skill to build a good interpersonal relationship or maintaining a healthy relationship with others is an important asset.
While there are those who are incredibly skilled in making new friends, building and maintaining relationships, the skill to build healthy relationships can be learned and improved upon.
These quotes are to encourage you in building better relationships.
Quotes on building relationships
1. “Encourage everyone you meet with a smile or compliment. Make them feel better when you leave their presence and they will always be glad to see you coming.” Joyce Meyer
2. “Personal relationships are always the key to good business. You can buy networking; you can’t buy friendships.” Lindsay Fox
3. “Be genuinely interested in everyone you meet and everyone you meet will be genuinely interested in you.” Rasheed Ogunlaru
4. “Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold.” Joseph Parry
5. “Personal relationships are the fertile soil from which all advancements, all success, all achievements in real life grows.” Ben Stein
6. “There can be no friendship without confidence, and no confidence without integrity.” Samuel Johnson
7. “A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other and we know how to meet him.” Aesop Fables
8. “We can not control a relationship. We can only contribute to a relationship. All relationships, business or personal, are an opportunity to serve another human being.” Simon Sinek
9. “If you are successful, it’s almost always because some people went out of their way to help you. You have a moral obligation to pay it forward.” Sam Altman
10. “If you believe business is built on relationships, make building them your business.” Scott Stratten
11. “Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.” Rabindranath Tagore
12. “Don’t just be a taker; healthy relationships require balance. Give with your words and be extra generous with your deeds.” Steve Maraboli
13. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
14. “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” Henry winkler
15. “Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.” Henry David Thoreau
Relationship building quotes for work
16. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interest in other people than you can in two years trying to get other people interested in you.” Dale Carnegie.
17. “If you laugh together, you can work together.” Robert Orben
18. “Treat everyone you work with like a peer, and you’ll usually be surprised on the upside.” Sam Altman
19. “I make progress by having people around who are smarter than I am and listening to them. And I assume that everyone is smarter about something than I am.” Henry J. Kaiser
20. “The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.” Theodore Roosevelt
21. “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” Bryant H. McGill
22. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” Charles Schwab
23. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” Napolean Hill
24. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” Amy Poehler
25. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” Jim Stovall
26. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” William James
27. “Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.” Paul J. Meyer
28. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” Henry Ford
Trust and respect in building relationships
29. “Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.” Mona Sutphen
30. “Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the kind of person others can trust.” Roy T. Bennet
31. “Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work.” Warren Bennis
32. “Leaders who win the respect of others are the ones who deliver more than they promise, not the ones who promise more than they can deliver.” Mark A. Clement
33. “If you treat people right they will treat you right… ninety percent of the time.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
34. “We must express ourselves in ways that demonstrate our respect for others.” Stephen Carter
35. “When you have that respect from your teammates, it makes it a lot more comfortable.” LeBron James
36. “Politeness is an inexpensive way of making friends.” William feather
37. “Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others.” Emily post
38. “Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating.” Charlie Kaufman
39. “Set the standard! Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don’t even show that to yourself.” Steve Maraboli
40. “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.” Mark Cuban