Does your job make you happy, or do you feel bored, exhausted, and unexcited about going to work each time?
We tend to assume that the happiest careers are the ones that bring the most money or fame, and even though it might be pleasurable to have a career that gives you these, happiness comes from doing what you love or loving what you do.
It is common for people to go for a high-paying career thinking that it would make them happy, but sometimes it does not bring them the happiness they seek. A lot of people set aside the things that they are truly passionate about to pursue certain careers and then they become unhappy.
Sometimes they go for something that they do not like simply because they are trying to please others or are competing.
I know that It is not easy to choose what you love doing over a chance of better pay, as you may have to consider earning more to have for savings and paying bills, but you can try to keep in touch with what you are truly passionate about by finding some time for it.
You could as well always try to develop an interest in any work you’re doing. Find something that motivates you about it in a way you are driven to create more impact, provide more value and enjoy the work you’re doing.
If you can find happiness in your career, then it’ll be worth it.
Here are a few quotes to inspire you
Career quotes about doing what makes you happy
1. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. “What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” Julia Cameron
3. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” Frank Tyger
4. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” Steve Jobs
5. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” Aristotle
6. “I say always follow your passion, no matter what, because even if it’s not the same financial success, it’ll lead you to the money that’ll make you the happiest.” Ellen DeGeneres
7. “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” T.D. Jakes
8. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” Steve Jobs
9. “Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby.” George Bernard Shaw
10. “Money doesn’t bring happiness and creativity. Your creativity and happiness brings money.” Sam Rosen
11. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” Maya Angelou
12. “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley
13. “Love what you do and do what you love. Passion is the key that opens the door to joy and abundance.” David Cuschieri
14. “Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.” Katherine Whitehorn
15. “Often people attempt to live their lives backwards, they try to have more things or more money in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are then do what you need to do in order to have what you want.” Margaret Young
16. “I think the key to life is just being a happy person, and happiness will bring you success.” Diego Val
17. “Work is much more fun than fun.” Noel Coward
18. “A person can succeed at almost anything for which they have unlimited enthusiasm.” Charles Schwab
19. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Confucius
20. “Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” Rumi
21. “If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it.” Wanda Skyes
22. “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” Mia Hamm
23. “A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one’s own path, not chasing after the dreams of others.” Chin-Ning Chu
24. “I think the foremost quality—there’s no success without it—is really loving what you do. If you love it, you do it well, and there’s no success if you don’t do well what you’re working at.” Malcolm Forbes
25. “I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as ‘making a life’.” Maya Angelou
26. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” Albert Schweitzer
27. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities in blessings.” William Arthur Ward
28. “Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results.” James Allen
29. “When you have the enthusiasm and the passion, you end up figuring how to excel.” Deena Kastor
30. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” Dale Carnegie
31. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” Oscar Wilde
32. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” Andrew Carnegie
33. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan and guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” Jim Rohn
34. “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.” Pearl S. Buck
35. “Once you do something you love, you never have to work again.” Willie Hill
36. “The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.” Richard Bach
37. “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” Mia Hamm
38. “It’s never too late to give up what you are doing and start doing what you realize you love.” Hans Rosling
39. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” Maya Angelou
40. “If you love your work, if you enjoy it, you’re already a success.” Jack Canfield