Even though compromises are often made in relationships, you do not have to lower your standards or allow your partner to treat you with disrespect.
People who set aside their self worth simply to please their partners sometimes get hurt badly. You should know your worth in a relationship and know when to leave the relationship if you do not feel valued by your partner.
When you are desperate to make your relationship with your partner work, then it becomes too easy to let your partner take you or the relationship for granted.
If you find yourself Investing too much in the relationship at your own expense, doing what they want you to do instead of doing what you want, being treated badly but still making excuses for them or not bringing it up when they do something wrong, then maybe you are setting aside your self worth just to make that relationship work and it could affect your self-esteem.
When you have self-worth, you will expect your relationship to be filled with love, trust, respect, and commitment from your partner. You expect nothing less when you Know your worth in the relationship.
You should be able to appreciate your self-worth and allow it to determine how you want your relationship to be.
Here are a few quotes to inspire you.
Self-worth in relationships quotes
1. “Don’t waste a second of your time convincing other people you’re worth loving.” Atticus
2. “When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose your self-worth in the process.” Dave Pelzer
3. You teach people how to treat you by what you let them get away with.” James Clear
4. “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends and true love.” Mandy Hale
5. “The only person that deserves a special place in your life is someone that never made you feel like you were an option in theirs.” Shannon L. Alder
6. “The wrong person will give you less than what you’re worth but that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it.” Sonya Parker
7. “You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth.” Billy Chapata
8. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts.” Donna Lynn Hope
9. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball
11. “Know that you are worthy of love whether you are receiving it or not.” Thema Bryant-Davis
12. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.” Wayne Dyer
13. “Never chase a person that doesn’t know your worth because the moment you catch him you will always feel you were not good enough.” Shannon L alder
14. “A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” Mandy Hale
15. “Poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you’re worthless… but you’re not worthless, you’re unappreciated.” Steve Maraboli
16. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” Wayne Dyer
17. “Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it.” Rena rose
18. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.” Eartha Kitt
19. “Deal with yourself as a individual, worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.” Nikki Giovanni
20. “You don’t have to convince anybody of anything, and you don’t have to attract anyone’s attention.” Haruki Murakami
21. “Never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning.” Anthony Trollope
22. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” Ernest Hemingway
23. “A bad relationship can do that, can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.” Dionne Warwick
24. “I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT…Goodbye.” Steve Maraboli
25. “Accept nothing less than a relationship with someone who knows your worth, who loves you, and treats you well.”
26. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” Nicholas Sparks
27. “Know your worth. Know when to leave a relationship where they don’t value you.”
28. “Just because someone desires you, does not mean that he values you.” Julianne Cantarella
29. “If they don’t respect, appreciate and value you, then they don’t deserve you.” Robert Tew
30. “When you refuse to settle for less than the best…the best tends to track you down.” Mandy Hale
31. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.” Wayne W. Dyer
32. “Staying with someone who doesn’t appreciate you isn’t loyalty, its stupidity.” unknown
33. “You don’t need to waste your time on someone who only wants you around when it fits their needs.” Rajat Dogra
34. “Pay attention to the way they treat you, If they don’t treat you with respect, love, and care, then they don’t value you.”
35. “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” Shannon L. Alder
36. “Do not reduce your self worth for anyone who does not think you are of value enough to be appreciated”
37. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” Oprah Winfrey
38. “Never make someone your priority when all you are to them is an option.” Maya Angelou
39. “Sometimes it takes heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” Mandy Hale
40. “Stop feeding connections that don’t feed you. Stop spending so much time filling others, while you starve of love. You are deserving too.” Billy Chapata