Punctuality is an important habit to develop if you want to become successful.
There are a couple of things that punctuality may say about a person; perhaps how dedicated they are to their jobs or maybe how reliable they can be.
You could earn the respect and trust of others based on how punctual you are. When you are punctual, it shows that you are a serious and committed person.
At work, employers emphasize the need for their employees to be punctual and they take measures to ensure that punctuality is being taken seriously. Your customers as well would demand that you be punctual and might get upset if you delay them.
Punctuality to work could help you to be better prepared or well organized for the task ahead. When you start work early, you might be able to finish your tasks on time, and also do a job well done without having to rush through it.
On the other hand, a lot of mistakes could be made when work is being rushed as a result of latecoming, and this could weigh down the business. Tardiness could disrupt activities in the workplace and affect the business negatively.
You could also inspire others to be punctual by being punctual yourself. As an employer, when you are punctual, your employees would be punctual too.
Here are some quotes on punctuality to inspire you
Quotes about punctuality
1. “I was taught a very strong work ethic that included punctuality, which I’ve always felt is a sign of respect for others.” Nicole Kidman
2. “I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.” Charles Dickens
3. “Be on time because it shows you care.” Nick saban
4. “Preparedness and punctuality are the two most important qualities of a leader.” John Andreas Widtsoe
5. “Punctuality is the soul of business.” Thomas C Haliburton
6. “It’s difficult to prove yourself reliable when people are required to wait for you.” Wes Fesler
7. “Arriving late is a way of saying that your own time was more valuable than the time of the person who waited for you.” Karen Joy Fowler
8. “I have always been a quarter of an hour before my time, and it has made a man of me.” Lord Nelson
9. “Punctuality is closely related to faithfulness and dependability. Being tardy can be linked to uninterest, apathy, slothfulness and procrastination.” Sterling W Sill
10. “Punctuality is a quality the need of which is bound up with social co-operation.” Bertrand Russell
11. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” Zig Ziglar
12. “One good thing about punctuality is that it’s a sure way to help you enjoy a few minutes of privacy.” Orlando Aloysius Battista
13. “Be on time if you can’t be there early.” Robin Sharma
14. “The most indispensable qualification of a cook is punctuality. The same must be said of guests.” Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
15. “You may delay, but time will not.” Benjamin Franklin
16. “Your greatest resource is your time.” Brian Tracy
17. “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” Douglas Adams
18. “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” William Shakespeare
19. “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.” Bruce Lee
20. “The first one gets the oyster, the second gets the shell.” Andrew Carnegie
21. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison
22. “Being on time to appointments end meetings is a phase of self discipline and an evidence of self respect. Punctuality is a courteous compliment the intelligent person pays to his associated.” Marvin J Ashton
23. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.” J Paul Getty
24. “Punctuality is an essential trait of the teacher. It is a foundation not an embellishment.” Boyd K Packer
25. “Method is the very hinge of business, and there is no method without Punctuality.” Richard Cecil
26. “Be honest with people. Be punctual, never give up, achieve your goals, even when everything goes bad.” Steve Jobs
27. “It’s all about time management. You can actually do a lot of things of you work out your schedule.” Amanda Izatt
28. “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” David Allen
29. “People who are interested in doing something will do it when it’s convenient. People who are committed will do it no matter what.” Bob Proctor
30. “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.” John F. Kennedy
31. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” Stephen King
32. “The trouble with being punctual is that nobody’s there to appreciate it.” Franklin P Jones
33. “Better to be early and have to try again, than be late and have to catch up.” Aaron Levie
34. “If you practice patience, punctuality, sincerity and care, you’ll have a better appreciation of the world.” Grenville Kleiser
35. “Tardiness robs us opportunity, and the dispatch of our forces.” Niccolo Machiavelli
36. “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.” Kenneth Blanchard
37. “Punctuality is the first step to knock on the door of success.” Nishtunishaa
38. “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.” Arnold. H Glasow
39. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” William Arthur Ward
40. “Doing things at the last minute reminds us of the importance of doing things at the first minute.” Matshona Dhliwayo
41. “It isn’t working that’s so hard, it’s getting ready to work.” Andy Rooney
42. “He who every morning plans the transactions of that day and follows that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life.” Victor Hugo
43. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Jim Rohn
44. “Love your job, stay punctual and appreciate everything.” Liu Wen
45. “Punctuality is not just limited to arriving at a place at right time, it is also about taking actions at right time.” Amit Kalantri