To define a trust in someone, it is to have confidence in that person’s ability or to believe that they are truthful.
Whether it is a romantic relationship, friendship or working relationship, relationships are built on trust.
But how do you get people to trust you?
These quotes talk about how trust is earned.
It is easy to impress people with words but to be found wanting when it comes to taking actions. Trust is built on how reliable you are, and this involves being honest in words and in actions.
Therefore, for people to trust you, trust has to be earned.
The process of getting people to trust you Involves proving to them that you are someone they can rely on and that they can take your word for the truth it is.
1. “Trust is always earned, never given.” ― Williams
2. “Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.”― Santosh Kalwar
3. “Consistency is the true foundation of trust. Either keep your promises or do not make them.”― Roy T. Bennett
4. “The easiest way to gain someone’s trust is to deserve it. This should be pretty easy, assuming you’re just being you and being real. Minimal effort too.”― Ashly Lorenzana
5. “Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the kind of person others can trust.”― Roy T. Bennett
6. “Forgiveness must be immediate, whether or not a person asks for it. Trust must be rebuilt over time. Trust requires a track record.”― Rick Warren
7. “Peace and trust take years to build and seconds to shatter.”― Mahogany SilverRain
8. “If you are untrustworthy, people will not trust you.”― Lao Tzu
9. “Being trustworthy requires: Doing the right thing. And doing things right.”― Don Peppers
10. “The toughest thing about the power of trust is that it’s very difficult to build and very easy to destroy.” ―Thomas J. Watson
11. “Trust is built with consistency.”―Lincoln Chafee
12. “In order to establish trust, it is first important that you be trustworthy. This means you should be forthright with all your dealings.” – Paul Melendez
14. “People become trustworthy when the record shows that they are consistent in acting justly, being truthful, and showing loyal love.”―David Richo
15. “A man becomes trustworthy when you trust him.”― Graham Greene