So many people find themselves in toxic relationships or settle for unfulfilling careers. Sometimes it is not because they do not know what they want in the relationship or from their careers, but because they are reluctant to go for what they truly desire.
Some decide to settle for unhealthy relationships because they are afraid of doing something that could end the relationship, even though the relationship isn’t benefiting them.
If you want respect and love in your relationship, then you should ask for it from your partner. If you want a job where you can create more impact, then you should go for it and do not settle for less.
Sometimes, people base their choices on the opinions of others and not really on what they know they want. They choose career paths that are pleasing to others but they are not passionate about, and they make a lot of compromises in their relationships sometimes because they are so desperate to be in a relationship and believe they don’t have a lot of options.
You should always go for what is best for you. It doesn’t matter if it takes time before you get to meet the right person for you, you might also have to make a lot of attempts to get the job that you truly desire, but you have to try.
Start by asking yourself the question; what do you want out of a relationship or a career?
You could make a list of reasonable goals on what you want to achieve in your relationship and career and then work towards them.
Here are a few quotes to inspire you.
Quotes about knowing what you want in relationship and career
1. “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” Lao Tzu
2. “When you know what you want and you want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it.” Jim Rohn
3. “Find something that makes you happy and go for it.” Zendaya
4. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” Jules Renard
5. “Don’t let other people tell you want you want.” Pat Riley
6. “Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. It’s about finding your authentic self. The one you’ve buried beneath other people’s needs.” Kristen Hannah
7. “Know who you are. Know what you want. Know what you deserve. And don’t settle for less.” Tony Gaskins
8. “What do you want? What you want your life to be? what do you want your testimony to be? Go for it!” Viola Davis
9. “If you want to do something, go for it you’ve got nothing to lose.” Louis Tomlinson
10. “Everything is in the mind. That’s where it all starts. Knowing what you want is the first step towards getting it.” Mae West
11. “Every time you have to make a choice about anything, think ‘Does this go toward or away from what I want?’ Always choose what goes toward what you want.” Barbara Sher
12. “I’m always looking, and I’m always asking questions.” Anne Rice
13. “When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy.” John Lennon
14. “The first principle of success is desire- knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed.” Robert Collier
15. “I want – I want – I want – was all she could think about – but just what this real want was she did not know.” Carson McCullers
16. “When you finally accept that it’s OK not to have answers and it’s OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.” Winona Ryder
17. “The great secret of getting what you want from life is to know what you want and believe you can have it.” Norman Vincent Peale
18. “If you do not know what you want to do, it’s harder to do it.” Malcolm Forbes
19. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” Steve Jobs
20. “Life is not only knowing what you want but knowing what you’ll settle for.” Joan Bennett Kennedy
21. “The secret of life is knowing what you want and asking for it.” Lailah Gifty Akita
22. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” Aristotle
23. “Don’t be confused between what people say you are and who you know you are.” Oprah
24. “To find yourself, think for yourself.” Socrates
26. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way, if you don’t you’ll find an excuse.” Jim Rohn
27. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want. Madonna
28. “Everyday you decide how you’re going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus.” Oprah Winfrey
29. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” Dale Carnegie
30. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” Nora Roberts