Some relationships get to that point where either or both partners want to leave the romantic relationship; a breakup.
The breakup could be because of personality differences, lack of time spent together, infidelity, hurt, or betrayal.
However, ending a relationship with someone you might still care about and moving on from the breakup could be tough, even though you no longer feel like being in the relationship anymore.
People sometimes struggle with moving on from a breakup, especially when they feel too attached to their ex-lovers to let go.
I would share some inspirational quotes that illustrate the struggles of ending a relationship and moving on from a break up with someone you still care about.
Move on quotes after a breakup
Quotes for getting over a heartbreak
1. “I know my heart will never be the same. But I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.”– Sara Evans(A little bit stronger)
2. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.”–Mandy Hale
3. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.”–Patti Roberts
4. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.”– William Faulkner
5. “Don’t wait. If it’s not right, move on.”– Andy Lau
6. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”– Deepak Chopra
7. “After a breakup, the memories are fresh and the pain is still raw. But after some time, it all fades away and you start to heal.”– Unknown
8. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.”– Carrie Underwood
9. “Life moves on and so should we”– Spencer Johnson
Quotes for Getting over a breakup
10. “One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.”– Turcois Ominek
11. “There are all kinds of ways for a relationship to be tested, even broken, some, irrevocably; it’s the endings we’re unprepared for.”– Katherine Owen
12. “I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose.”– Rita Rudner
13. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”
― Shannon L. Alder
14. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer”– Denis Waitley
15. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ― Mandy Hale
16. “Let go of your mistakes and failures. You can’t do anything about the past, but you can do something about right now.”— Joel Osteen
17. “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.” – Sarah Mlynowski
18. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.”– Jessica Hatchigan
19. “When someone you love says goodbye you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you.”– Shannon L. Alder
Quotes for getting over someone
20. “What we wait around a lifetime for with one person, we can find in a moment with someone else.”― Stephanie Klein (Straight Up and Dirty)
21. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”―Steve Maraboli
22. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.”― Shannon L. Alder
23. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.”– Steve Maraboli(Unapologetically you)
24.“Why did I always end up loving the person who hurt me the most? Why was love so cruel?”– J.C. Reed (surrender your love)
25.“Sometimes you just have to live your life, even if that means letting go of someone who meant the world to you.”–Unknown
26. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”– Joseph Campbell
27. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”– Deborah Reber
28. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?”– Donna Lynn Hope
29. “The quickest way to rectify that mistake (choosing the wrong person) is by learning from that, moving on, and choosing much more wisely in the future.”― Greg Behrendt
30. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”– Alexander Graham Bell