Real friendship cannot be complete without trust and respect for one another. This collection of quotes on respect and trust in friendship would help you appreciate trust and respect in friendship more
To be friends with someone means that you trust them, and in friendship, you are supposed to show respect to each other.
Real friendships are not made up of people who disrespect or try to lead others astray, but instead, it is made up of friends who’ll respect each other’s boundaries and help each other improve.
Friends are not supposed to go behind each other’s backs to gossip or say awful things about each other, friends are not supposed to be manipulative either.
As in other types of relationships, in friendship too, there are reasons why setting boundaries for respect and earning trust are important.
Therefore, as individuals, we owe it to ourselves to reject friendships without trust and to build our friendship on respect of one another.
1. “Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don’t have trust, the friendship will crumble.”
― Stieg Larsson(The girl with the dragon tattoo)
2. “Friendship is selfless love, care, respect, and honor not a profitable opportunity.”
― Santosh Kalwar
3. It is mutual respect which makes friendship lasting.
―John Henry Newman
4. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”
― Bernard Meltzer
5. “Nothing of real worth can ever be bought. Love, friendship, honour, valour, respect. All these things have to be earned.”
― David Gemmell
6. “When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character.”
― Somerset Maugham
7. “Friends are honest with each other. Even if the truth hurts.
― Sarah Dessen
8. “A friend is someone who inspires, who challenges, who sends you in search of some truer sense of yourself”
― Steve Lopez
9. “I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.”
10. “If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love our friends for their sakes rather than for our own.”
― Charlotte Brontë
11. “There are so many men, all endlessly attempting to sweep me off my feet. And there is one of you, trying just the opposite. Making sure my feet are firm beneath me, lest I fall.”
― Patrick Rothfuss(The wise man’s fear)
12. “Friendship is thinking of the other person first.”
― George Alexiou
13. “When we love and respect people, revealing to them their value, they can begin to come out from behind the walls that protect them.”
― Jean Vanier
14. “A good friend who points out mistakes and imperfections and rebukes evil is to be respected as if he reveals the secret of some hidden treasure.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
15. The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around.
16. Friendship should be surrounded with ceremonies and respects, and not crushed into corners. Friendship requires more time than poor busy men can usually command.
―Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. The most special relationships, in my experience, are based on a combination of trust and mutual respect.
18. “You need not wonder whether you should have an unreliable person as a friend. An unreliable person is nobody’s friend.”
― Idries Shah(Reflections)
19. “The shifts of fortune test the reliability of friends.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero,
20. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.”
21. “Hey, and for what it’s worth? Friends don’t leave you alone in the woods. Friends are the ones who come and take you out.”
― Sarah Dessen,
22. “Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them.”
― Immanuel Kant
23. “If you’re my friend I should be able to talk to you but I can’t, and if I can’t talk to you, well, what is the point of you? Of us?”
― David Nicholls(One day)
24. “A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him.”
25. “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.”
26. “We always see the worst in our selves. Our most vulnerable selves. We need someone to get close enough to tell us that we’re wrong. Someone we trust.”
― David Levithan (Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List)
27. “It’s better to have a few faithful friends than numerous shallow friendships.”
― Jonathan Anthony Burkett(Friends 2 Lover: The unthinkable)
28. “The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.”
― Abraham Lincoln