In many offices, there are people who perform different roles. However, each role serves to achieve a common goal collectively.
Sometimes there could be disagreements which could lead to disregard of another individual in the workplace.
Respect in the workplace is crucial across all levels including at the client level, management, and with your co-workers.
Whether from the employer or employee, respect creates a good environment to work in and achieve the goals of the organization. Respect also motivates people to work harder.
Respect at work could involve communicating politely to co-workers or clients, helping each other, paying attention to, or obeying instructions from supervisors.
Recognize that every role is required for the functioning of the establishment; each role, therefore, has its importance in getting to the desired goal. Therefore, there is no room for an attitude of disrespect as it only hinders productivity
Lack of respect could also create a ground for the disruption of the activities of co-workers and the entire establishment as a whole.
Here are some respect quotes for work that’ll help you appreciate the importance of respect further.
Respect at work Quotes
1. “Politeness is a sign of dignity, not subservience.”– Theodore Roosevelt
2. “Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no one ascends alone.”–Lance Armstrong
3. “Everyone talks about building a relationship with your customer. I think you build one with your employees first.” – Angerla Ahrendts
4. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.”–Confucius
5. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”–Rob Liano
6. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”–Phil Jackson
7. “Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.”– Peter Drucker
8. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”–Dr. Seuss
9. “Every person that you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.”– H. Jackson Brown Jr.
10. “The whole concept of treating people with dignity and respect is a concept that isn’t a business concept, it’s a life concept. It’s who you are at the end of the day.”– Greg Brenneman
11. “Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.” – Sam Walton
12. “One of the best ways to influence people is to make them feel important.”– Roy T. Bennett
13. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”– Albert Einstein
14. “To get down to the quick of it, respect motivates me – not success” – Hugh Jackman
15. “Knowledge would give you power, but character respect.”―Bruce Lee
16. “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.”– Mark Cuban
17. “Being polite and grateful will make people more inclined to help you. And if people are willing to help you, you may accidentally get something you want.”– Jason Sudeikis
18. “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.”–Jesse Jackson
19. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.”–Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
20. “Always see people smarter than you as gifts, not competition.”–Matshona Dhliwayo
21. “Bad attitudes will ruin your team.”–Terry Bradshaw
22. “None of us is as smart as all of us.”– Ken Blanchard
23. “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.”–Roy T. Bennett
24. “Often those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.”–Shannon L. Alder
25. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”–Helen Keller
26. “Don’t blow off another’s candle for it won’t make yours shine brighter.”–Jaachynma N.E. Agu
27. “You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak.”– George Clooney
28. “Probably no greater honor can come to any man than the respect of his colleagues.” – Cary Grant
29. “We are all something, but none of us are everything.” – Blaise Pascal
30. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”–Ernest Hemingway
31. “There is no accomplishment so easy to acquire as politeness, and none more profitable.”–George Bernard Shaw
32. “When you have that respect from your teammates, it makes it a lot more comfortable.”– LeBron James
33. “If you don’t feel respected, you won’t be engaged in your work.”– Linda Hill